Main Navigation

As a College Corps Fellow, you'll receive:

  • Up to $7,000 living stipend (throughout service term) + $3,000 Education Award upon completion of 450 service hours (to be utilized for future education needs).
  • For Dreamers, up to $5,500 living stipend (throughout service term) + $4,500 Education Award upon completion of 450 service hours (to be utilized for future education needs).
  • Real-world job experience and skills to add to your resume.
  • Access to training, networking, and professional development opportunities.
  • Connections with Fellows across the state via a virtual community platform and regional events.
  • A sense of pride and accomplishment in working toward a common purpose alongside young leaders from across the state.

Selected undergraduate students will be referred to as College Corps Fellows throughout the duration of the program.

The fellowship refers to the year-long commitment and service completed with an external community partner. As a College Corps Fellow, you will be assigned an external community partner to work with and complete a majority of the 450 hours of service with this community partner.

Yes! AB540 students are eligible, but:

  • Must have a completed & submitted California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for 2023-2024 AY
  • Must be enrolled at a Cal Grant Eligible School (Irvine Valley College is!)
  • Must be an active recipient of a Cal Grant B Award for the 2023-2024 academic year
  • Must have sufficient financial need (determined by IVC’s Financial Aid Office).
  • Must submit a CA DSIG Application by September 1 to become eligible for Education Award

Let's break it down. 90% (405 hours) of your 450 hours must be done at your external service partner. Working 15 hours, for 28 weeks out of the 2023-2024 academic year will put you at 420 hours. This will allow for the remaining 10% of your service hours to be utilized for organized on-boarding, ongoing academic and vocational support, and professional training.

  • Complete this Interest Form below and an IVC representative will contact you about next steps.
  • Students selected for an on-campus interview will be notified via email.
  • Students awarded a Fellowship position will be notified via email.

Yes, students are eligible to participate in both years of the grant award. Cohort 1 will need to repeat the on-boarding and application process similar to a new student. More information and the application process for repeat Fellows during the 2023-2024 academic year will be posted at a later time.

Fellows will receive financial compensation for the hours served on an ongoing basis. Should a Fellow need to discontinue from participating in the program, they are ineligible to receive the remaining balance of the $7,000 award as well as the $3,000 Academic Award.

While we are working hard to ensure placements are within a reasonable distance to IVC’s campus, we understand that not every Fellow has access to personal transportation. Please be sure to share any transportation needs on your application and the College Corps staff will attempt to assist to the best of our ability. One resource available to IVC students is the OCTA Free Bus Pass Program, which offers unlimited rides on all OCTA fixed-routes.

Fellows can only serve within the organizations that are partnered with IVC College Corps.

Each student's financial aid package is different. We encourage you to connect with the IVC Financial Aid Office to make sure you understand how the $10,000 award through this program will impact your specific situation.