Before Classes Start
Access Your IVC Online Tools
- Access your IVC email account
- Log in to your Canvas account
- Log in to MySite to view your class schedule
- View important dates and deadlines on Canvas
- All information about your classes will automatically get sent to your IVC email. If you prefer to use a different email, be sure to have your IVC emails forwarded to your personal account.
- If you have problems logging in, contact the IVC Technology Services Helpdesk
Tips for before your first day of class
During the semester, make time to:
The first week of class:
- Don't forget paper and pens for taking notes in class.
- Try to make at least 1 friend per class!
This month, be sure to:
- Attend Club Day! Follow your passions and meet new people. Clubs and Co-Curricular Programs are a great way to make friends and become involved in campus activities. Joining a club is also a great way to strengthen your transfer applications.
- Midterm Exams are around the corner! Get study help at our academic support centers to make sure you're ready.
- Check the IVC Events Calendar for upcoming events.
Time to look toward semester 2!
- Check MySite for your spring Registration Date
- Put a reminder in your phone to register on time.
- Make an appointment with your academic counselor to decide on classes and work on your My Academic Plan (MAP).
- Remember, you should meet with a counselor at minimum once a semester (or anytime you have a question about your educational goal).
- Scholarship time! Get more money for college by applying for one (or more) of IVC's available scholarships!
- Finals are coming! Prepare by:
- Visiting your instructors during office hours to get clarifying information and study tips.
- Go to the Academic Support centers early and often to make sure you are prepared.
- Survive finals: You can do it!!
- Rest: You deserve it!!