If there is a life-threatening emergency, please immediately call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest emergency room.
All currently enrolled students that have paid the health fee at Irvine Valley College are eligible for student health services upon proof of enrollment. IVC faculty, staff, and students will receive first aid and referrals at no cost.
Student Health Fees: Students at IVC pay a mandatory student health fee each semester, which offsets the cost of some of our services. There is a nominal fee for some services, such as pharmacy, laboratory tests, exams, and immunizations. These fees must be paid in full prior to receiving services. The HWC staff will explain all the extra fees at the time of your visit.
- The Health and Wellness Center recognizes that the majority of illnesses in the United States have preventable causes. To prevent these medical problems, healthy decisions should be encouraged.
- The center offers routine physical exams, immunizations, medical consultations and several screening tests to identify these preventable diseases and conditions.
Reproductive health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, in all matters relating to the reproductive system and to its functions and processes. Reproductive health implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safe sex life and that they have the capability to reproduce and the freedom to decide if, when and how often to do so.
The center offers Family PACT (Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment) a comprehensive family planning services that includes but not limited to: Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) testing and treatment; HIV Testing. Pregnancy Testing, Education, and outside referrals if needed. Birth Control Education including birth control options, distribution of condoms and pregnancy prevention. Safe Sex Practices, Breast exam, pap smears and other services.
IVC provides on-site therapy and referrals to outside agencies for those who are in need of assistance with mental health issues that require more in depth treatment. Therapists are available at the Health and Wellness Center in the fall and spring semesters by appointment only. (No medications are prescribed.)
Health Education promotes health and wellness through education and outreach programs on various topics. Presentations for clubs, organizations, and classes are available upon request.
We provide on-site consultations for weight management, and nutrition therapy for diabetes prevention, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Our laboratory is equipped to perform basic laboratory work ordered by our medical providers only.
- Complex laboratory services are sent out to a nationally accredited referral lab for a nominal fee.
The Health and Wellness Center does not currently offer radiology services, but we have established relationships with local community agencies to provide radiological exams at reduced fees.
The Health and Wellness Center does not currently offer Optometry services, but we can refer you to community agencies to provide exams at reduced fees.
The Health and Wellness Center does not offer dental services. However, Irvine Smile Dentistry is currently offering a $49 IVC Student Special (new patients), which includes x-rays, oral exam, and a free consultation. Please refer to the Irvine Smile Dentistry flyer for more information.
- Information will not be released to anyone without your written consent, including parents, spouse, friends and/or college personnel, except in those few circumstances where the law requires disclosure of confidential information.
- Some cases of communicable diseases must be reported to the Department of Public Health.
- HIPAA regulations are followed.