Credit for prior learning (CPL) is college credit awarded for validated college-level skills and knowledge gained outside of a college classroom. Students may receive CPL in place of a comparable course or graduation requirement, including elective units, listed in the current college catalog through the following approved alternative methods for awarding credit:
- Achievement of a satisfactory score on an approved standardized examination
- Evaluation of military service/training
- Evaluation of industry recognized training/credential documentation
- Evaluation of student-created portfolios
- Satisfactory completion of an institutional examination, known as Credit by Examination, administered by the college in lieu of completion of an active course list in the current college catalog.
What courses at Irvine Valley College are currently eligible for CPL?
CPL courses are list in TES.